Tuesday 29 March 2011

Turner Duckworth

London
Turner Duckworth
Voysey House
Barley Mow Passage
London W4 4PH

+44 (0)20 8994 7190
Contact Moira Riddell
moira@turnerduckworth.co.uk
Our intern programme is committed to providing Graphic Design students, usually in their second year of further education, with hands-on experience to help them become better students, and ultimately, better designers.

We typically employ interns for a short period of three-to-four weeks. Interested students should contact Kate at kate@turnerduckworth.co.uk with at least three work samples in PDF format.

We employ interns year-round and pay £120 weekly to help offset some living expenses. Please note that our programme does not consider students still at school.

Dear Moira Riddell

The reason for contacting you was for seeking with some research within my degree.

I am currently studying BA Graphic Design at Leeds College of Art, and within my second year, I would like to prepare myself for after I finish my third year. At the minute I am not sure what kind of designer I would like to be or which specific of design to work in.

I have been researching different directions of design and companies I like the work of. Turner Duckworth being a company which I particularly appreciate for innovative and exciting work. I'm especially interested in packaging design, type & image. I think the clarity contained in your designs make the products communication with the consumer instantaneous, using simple, effective ways to communicate the message. This has obviously been noticed by leading award boards such as D&AD and Design Week.

I appreciate that your extremely busy with work at the minute but I was wondering if you could possibly have a look at the attached PDF of a few pieces of design work I have produced just to get professional feedback as this would immensely help me progress my work further. Or if not would it be at all possible to visit and a chat within your studio to help me determine which area I would like to move my work forward.

Thank-you for your time

Kind regards

Paul Brandreth

No comments:

Post a Comment