Monday 17 January 2011

Task 5

CONTEXT
Over the past 10 weeks you have been asked you to research and respond to 5 key questions in
the form of a set of tasks. These are:-
o Who am I – who are they ?
o Where are they – How will they find me ?
o How will I promote myself – what do they want to hear ?
o Who else is out there – how good are they ?
Statements summarising your research should have been posted to your enterprise blog and
should form the basis of an ongoing inquiry.
BRIEF
Write 10 short but informative statements that identify your distinctive ‘positioning’ as a Graphic
Designer. Your statements should consider your ambitions, skills and areas of creative interest in
relation to the market, your clients, competition and possible collaborators and should be based on
the information that you have collected in response to the set tasks.
You will need to compare a list of your skills and services against customer/client needs to those of
your competitors, this should help you determine how your company is unique.

-I will have a strong up to date portfolio on the internet
-To be aware of competition out their and make sure that I can offer something more
-To be able to execute simple but strong ideas for clients brief
-Start to think more conceptual with the work I produce
-Be aware of new technologies appearing and being able to adapt design to them
-Start to involve more image in my work and produce some more traditional print work
-Start thinking about producing a website and business card
-Always keep attending events and keep in touch with clients
-Write a mission statement for myself, so that people who look at my work understand who and why I produce the work I do
-Always keep up-to date with my portfolio as I would like to travel for a few years,

No comments:

Post a Comment