Sunday 3 October 2010

Linney Design

An email I sent to Linney Design based in Mansfield my home town. I thought it would be a productive day if I went to collect some first hand research from Linney's printers and should learn further about Design Production Print. Below is the email I sent Linney's then the reply from Linneys.

Miles Linney

Hello my name is Paul Brandreth currently studying Ba Graphic Design at Leeds College of Art. For my brief I have been asked to research into different printing processes and document them. I am aware that Linney has it's own print section to the company from when I had a day visit with West Notts College with course tutor Julian Bray, however we focused the day at more the design processes rather than printing. I was wondering if it would be possible one afternoon, if I could be shown around the printing processes you have at Linney's to help with my research and collect primary research.

Thank-you for your time

Paul Brandreth

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning Paul
My name is Mike Eccleston and I am a Manager at Linney Print. If you would like to visit us to see our print processes and talk about other print types please call me on 01623 488421 to arrange a date and time to visit.
Regards
Mike Eccleston

Mike Eccleston, Linney Group, Adamsway, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG18 4FL, UK.
mikeeccleston@linney.com, T:+44(0)1623488421, M:+44(0)7973124596, www.linneygroup.com

I phoned back and have booked Friday 8th October to have a look around and learn about the printing processes at Linney's Design.

No comments:

Post a Comment