Wednesday 16 February 2011

Evaluation

What skills have you developed through this module, and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

Obviously I have learnt new software After Effects, but also improved with Illustrator and Indesign. The skills within AE were all the actions, and keyframes such as movement, position, opacity, scale. I have also learnt about the safety screen as well, where titles need to sit and where images can overlap the screen. I think through all the skills we were taught within Mike's sessions have been put to effective use. I have looked at effects but didn't think that any suited my project to much and also I wanted to be in charge and understand what I wanted AE to do.

What approaches to/methods of design practice have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

Time management was important in this project as I had till 9 at night to do as much as I could on the Macs at college and had to do the next days paperwork later on that night. The design storyboards were really good to understand how would the animation work and if I thought it was suitable to use in AE. My storyboards were sketched really quickly whilst I was thinking of the ideas, in previous projects I would take time to make them nice but the storyboards communicate what I want so I think this would save me time in future briefs.

What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

The speed of design work was thoughtful but also jotted down fast. A great understanding in AE which in future projects I would like to use again but maybe with hand-made assets. Also a strength was to find the audio early so that I had enough time to think of the movement of animation based on the sound.

What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?

Not a weakness, because I wanted to use the illustrations of the Villains so that the comic lovers would understand what Villain is who, but use more hand made assets in the future I was happy with the hand drawn type on the packaging and to see it pulled off this has given me confidence to produce more traditional work in the future but using the digital side still as influence.

Identify five things that you will do differently next time;

-Hand made assets
-Have more fun with my work
-Think of the language to use for audience

How would you grade yourself in the following areas:
Where 5= excellent; 4= very good; 3= good; 2= average; 1= poor
Attendance: 4
Punctuality: 4
Motivation: 3
Commitment: 5
Quantity of work produced: 3
Quality of work produced: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment